In his quest to help all his patients look and feel their very best, Dr. Michelson has acquired the knowledge and expertise for his diverse repertoire of cosmetic surgeries and treatments. Yet, his medical skills are only part of the solution. You, the patient, will ultimately determine the outcome of your treatment, for proper body weight management is integrally linked to all procedures-enhancing their results, and extending their benefits over the passage of time.
Talk to yourself about taking charge of your appearance. Then talk to Dr. Michelson about a weight management regimen that provides reachable goals to help you sustain your new youthful form:
Prescribed medications (if needed) help your body adapt to your new activities and your new diet, and help you control your appetite.
Dr. Michelson's recommended balanced menu is both nutritious and delicious; the program tools help you monitor your caloric intake.
Discovery of exercise that is beneficial and fun.
Drinking the daily-recommended amount of water can be relished when sparkling water is flavored with fresh lemon or lime juice.
Health is the Basis for Managing Body Weight at Michelson Cosmetic
Diseases associated with obesity and a large waist circumference include:
- High cholesterol and cardiovascular disease (including coronary artery disease and stroke).
- High blood pressure (hypertension). People who are obese have a risk for high blood pressure that is two to three times greater than that of people who maintain a healthy weight
- Sleep apnea and respiratory problems
- Type 2 diabetes (formerly called adult-onset diabetes or non-insulin-dependent diabetes mellitus (NIDDM))
- Gallbladder disease (gallstones). People who are overweight have a risk for gallbladder disease that is two to three times greater than that of people who maintain a healthy weight
- Metabolic syndrome*. Research has shown that having this syndrome increases your risk for coronary artery disease (CAD), even beyond that caused by high cholesterol alone
- Some forms of cancer, such as those affecting the colon, breasts, and prostate
Metabolic syndrome is a group of abnormalities related to the body's metabolism. These abnormalities include excess body fat (particularly around the waist), high triglycerides and blood pressure, and low HDL cholesterol. Metabolic syndrome is closely linked to a specific metabolic problem called insulin resistance, in which the ability of insulin to control the amount of sugar in the blood is impaired.
Contact Michelson Cosmetic Today And Let Us Help Discover the New You!
+1 (805) 485-3888
1889 N. Rice Avenue, Suite 201
Oxnard, California 93030
Monday through Friday
9:00 am - 5:00 pm
“discover the new you…” Dr. David Michelson’s mission in life is to help people look, feel, and to live their very best; he is passionate about facilitating the achievement of maximum potentials in both health and beauty.